Being Smart by Staying Safe
What will school look like in the fall? What are my child’s options? How is my child going to be kept safe? At Priority Charter Schools, we understand that families and staff have many questions about returning to school this fall semester. Through your feedback, as well as continued guidance from the State of Texas, the Texas Education Agency, and local health authorities, we will be prepared to safely reopen PCS schools for the 2020-2021 academic year. Safety measures to be employed will include (but not limited to):
- Meeting TEA guidelines by maintaining parental and public notices, preventing the virus from entering our schools, responding to a lab-confirmed case in schools and mitigating recommended and required practices to reduce the spread inside the schools.
- Posting a summary of the instructional plan PCS will follow to mitigate COVID-19 spread in our schools.
- Implementing visitor restrictions at every location that includes: limited access to facilities, screening upon entering the building, and mandating the use of masks.
- Conducting a temperature check of all students before entry.
- Screening all staff upon arrival at each campus.
- Providing hand-sanitizing/wash stations at each entrance and classroom.
- Training students, staff and visitors to use proper hand hygiene practices.
- Encouraging students to practice personal spacing whenever feasible.
- Requiring the use of school-issued or personal face coverings by staff and students when appropriate.
Please understand the conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic are continually evolving, and PCS continues to monitor, evaluate and adapt to the continuing trends of the COVID-19 virus. Currently, PCS families will have the option of selecting in-person instruction with COVID-19 safety protocols in place or virtual/online school through PCS At-Home Learning.
More details for 2020-2021 school year will be coming soon. We thank you for your understanding and support as we continue to make decisions in the best interest of our students and staff. Please contact the administration office to share any comments, questions or concerns.